FALL 2013 MEMBERSHIP MEETING!
7 Continuing Education Units
DATE: Sunday, November 3rd, 2013
TIME: 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. (Check-in and at-the-door-registration begin at 8:30 a.m.)
LOCATION: The Westin Seattle 1900 5th Ave., Seattle, WA 98101 (Free street parking on Sundays)
Join us for:
1) “Clinical elements that will enhance your practice and patient results” Presented by Jianfeng Yang, EAMP.
2) “Are You HIPPA and HITECH Act Compliant?!” Learn how to successfully and legally operate your practice with the NEW requirements. Presented by John Conniff, JD. ( HITECH = Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health)
3) “Prior-Authorization Requirements by Some Insurers: What Does it Mean for Practitioners and Patients?” Presented by John Conniff, JD.
4) “ ‘Dry Needling’ Acupuncture Update in Washington State.” The Latest News on WEAMA`s Complaint and from the DOH. Presented by John Peick, JD. Also, if you have a legal question for John Peick e-mail it to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 17th. It will be answered at the meeting!
5) Update on the 2013 and 2014 legislative sessions, L&I, and PIT. Presented by our legislative consultant, Leslie Emerick.
6) Out with the Old, In with the New…ICD-10, that is. New ICD-10 billing codes have arrived and will be required before you know it. Learn about these new codes and how and when to use them and other billing tips. Presented by WEAMA Board Members.